Saturday, August 10, 2013

Back to School Forms and Activities!

I have worked so hard on this product! It is a Back to School Packet containing all you need for your 2nd grade classroom!!!



A detailed description of this product:

This is a PDF product that has multiple options to suit your needs as a classroom teacher.

This packet contains 46 pages of forms and activities to use for a Meet Your Teacher night and or send home to guardians on the first day of school. Before each new form/activity is a direction sheet on how to use the following pages.

This packet includes:
  • Welcome to Second Grade (checksheet of things to do when families arrive such as Hug your teacher, Sign In, Sort Classroom Materials, Fill out Information Form, Don’t forget to take home envelope with forms to return and any items on child’s desk.)

  • Meet Your Teacher blurb about you to personalize either via pen or with Adobe PDF editor. Sorry I couldn’t make this editable for copyright reasons. I did include my write up as a model if you’d like to follow my example.

  • Student Information for guardians to fill out about their child. Things on the form include, name, nickname, address, phone, 2 guardian names and phone numbers, emergency contact numbers if cannot reach the guardians, how the child will travel home on the first day of school and the remainder of the year, any allergies or other important information. 

  • Helping Hands for guardians to fill out if he/she can volunteer in any way in the following areas: grade parent, copy room helper, small group helper, take it home helper, special event helper, field trip helper.

  • All About Me activity to put on paper bag for students that includes five different forms where each includes a day of the week where students will return the bag with 4 items to describe him/her.

  • Sweet Dreams booklet to open the night before first day where you will need to include a little baggie of confetti or glitter. There is an adorable poem on the inside I found on the internet with no author known. If it’s yours please let me know and I will be glad to give you proper credit. This is my favorite activity of this packet. I will punch two holes through it and tie with a ribbon for the kids to open the night before their first day of school. The poem tells the kids to place the confetti under his/her pillow to help him/her sleep well before the first day- SO cute! 
 

  • 2nd Grade Expectations include We will statements such as: arrive each day rested and ready for a new day, follow directions the first time they are given, share and take turns, apologize and forgive, use good manners such as “please”, “thank you”, “yes/no ma’am” and “yes/no sir”, treat others with kindness and compassion, keep our hands, feet and bodies to ourselves, do our best, always, have fun!!

  • What is my child learning in 2nd Grade is a detailed description of the CCSS that are taught to each child as well as explains what he/she is learning during morning work, free time and Specials.
 


I have created in my packet for my parents a schedule page that is not included here (Because I’m sure your schedule is different than mine! :)) I am sorry that I couldn’t make an editable schedule sheet for you due to copyright terms.

There are 46 pages in all in this packet! WHEW!! I hope that you find it useful and fitting for everything you will need in those first few days before school starts!

Contact me if you have any questions or concerns! Check it out on my TpT page!!! http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Amy-Lunceford OR click it on my store in the right hand side bar! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment